Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rocking the Boat

Before I get started, I would like to say that for the most part I will not voice my political views on this blog unless they are directly related to scripture, then I will cite the scripture as needed.

That being said...

Over the past couple of days, (months for that matter due to this being an election year) political figures have been in the news for one reason or another. It is an unfortunate trend that we are seeing more of a negative view of our political leaders than good. (One guess to why that is) Now don't get me wrong I am not saying that all politicians are crooks, liars and thieves. I am sure there are many political people that are good. Not to mention that I would be judging them if I were to make a statement like that, and that is not for me to do.

We as Americans are loosing Faith in our government. Not too long ago, the American people trusted the government, and believed that Washington worked in our best interest all the time. What went wrong?

A prime example of what I am talking about would be the recent events surrounding the governor of Illinois. I am not going into detail, but this guy is some real trouble!!!

Now we as Americans have this great power to choose who we want to run our country. This is a right given to us by the God fearing Founding Fathers of this (I still believe) great nation of ours. Hold that thought, I will come back to this...

I have heard a term used quite a bit regarding Christians as the "Silent Majority". But why are we so silent?

I have heard, and read from Christian speakers, and pastors alike that there are basically two types of people that call themselves Christians; The "Sunday Christian", and the "Christ Follower".
The Sunday Christian is the person that lives how they want Monday - Saturday. They will not speak of the Lord, they will live in Adultery, Greed, Pride, Envy, and so on. But come Sunday, they thump that Bible as hard as they can, as if it makes up for the week of denial of the Lord. I feel these people want to love the lord but are scared to truly let go and that they are just a touch or a revelation away from moving forward to the next level.
The Christ Follower still lives in sin, but they try to live their life everyday in the guidelines and rules set forth by the Lord. We will engage in discussions about our faith and are not ashamed.

However I do believe one thing. That both of these groups of people are the majority of the population of the United States. This give us power to make change. No matter what your political affiliation.

All over the place we are seeing God being taken out of our lives by the relatively small number of people who are "Offended" by God. OFFENDED!!! Yet they are not ashamed to speak up.

It does not take much research to see what this country was founded on. Even all the way back to when the Pilgrims first came to this country. This country was founded on a love and fear of God. That's why the ten commandments are on the grounds of so many court houses and government buildings. God was in the heart of the people who made this country. "In God We Trust!!!"

God gave us free will. There are those who choose not to believe. And there are others who choose to believe in another God. If they do not want to worship The One True God then that is their choice. But I asking the silent majority to stop being silent. Use the power that our countries God fearing founders gave us and stop letting the minority take God away from us. If we do that, if we push that God issue, if we stop being ashamed, we will see our country, our environment, and our lives get much, MUCH better.

Matthew 15:7-9 (7)"You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:" (8) These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. (9) They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men."

Prayer:

Lord, I thank you for giving the Founding Fathers of this country the strength and resolve to stand up, and build a nation based on Your rules. But lord I see that image fading, I see crime and violence escalating and corruption building on our once great nation. I truly believe that we are not to far gone. But Lord we need Your help. Lord I pray that all of us who call ourselves Christians can rise up and take a stand to not let Your name be erased from our lives. I do not want to have to one day worship You in secret for fear of my life, or my freedom. Please Lord guide the leaders we have in making sure that You stay in our lives and in our laws, so we as a nation may live in Your light, love and grace.

In Jesus Name we Pray,

Amen

No comments: